Meetings. Conferences. Trade shows. They seem so refined and orderly, don't they?
Consider the polished boardroom table with twinkling water glasses standing at attention. Pads of paper and pens at the ready, waiting to be pressed into service. Square tradeshow booths and rounds of eight, all carefully positioned to maximize space, without affecting traffic flow.
This is the calm after the storm.
The storm, as every planner knows, is what takes place before (and sometimes during) your event. And, truth be told, it ain't pretty. In fact, it can be downright chaotic. It's not for the faint of heart, nor the time-pressed; nor is it for the well-meaning who are not well trained.
At To Plan Ahead, we have the training─more than 20 years worth─to organize and oversee your meetings, conferences and tradeshows. It's what we do best. And we do it so you can spend your time doing what you do best.
Here's how we can help:
- Meeting Planning. We take care of it all: speakers and stages, boardrooms and ballrooms, flight scheduling, accommodations, food and beverage and more.
- Onsite Management. Our team orchestrates behind-the-scenes to ensure everything runs smoothly. When it doesn't (this is real life, after all), not to worry, because we have a cache of contingency plans.
- Contract Negotiation. When we approach the bargaining table–whether with hotels, venues, caterers or off-sites, whether in Boston or Barcelona–we go in smiling, but we mean business. Your business.
- Speaker Coordination. After conducting an in-depth assessment to determine your goals and objectives, we do the what we lovingly call, the 'busy work.' From calls for abstracts to acceptance letters to presentation preparation to deadlines–we get busy, so you don't have to.
- Training Workshops. For those of you who want to do-it-yourself, we offer workshops designed to be flexible and customized for your specific needs and questions. Taught by our very own Linda Nelson, CMP, who is a sought-after instructor with a passion for planning, and penchant for fun.
I have had the pleasure of working with Linda as well as attending dozens of meetings she has planned over the last 15 years, and her professionalism and competence is unmatched in any of the hundreds of meetings I have attended over that period. She is highly experienced and an excellent negotiator, meticulous in planning and attention to detail, delightful to interact with on routine issues and in crises, and responsive and transparent in her communication. I tend to wince when I must attend meetings she does not plan.... Dr. Peter Andresen, GE Global Research Center, National Academy of Engineering